Indoor air pollution is an issue in homes all across the country. Tight construction, while more energy-efficient, tends to reduce ventilation and traps air pollutants inside your home. If you’ve noticed you or your other household members have been getting sick or experiencing allergy-like symptoms more often, it might be due to poor indoor air quality.
Did You Know?
- The average six-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
- 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
- 1 out of every 6 people who suffer from allergies does so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in the duct system. (Total Health and Better Health Magazine)
- Most retail-purchased fiberglass filters are only 7% efficient in stopping dust, dirt, pollen, molds etc. from passing through. (American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers)
- Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted air. They breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight, and are closer to the ground where concentrations of air pollutant are higher. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
Happy Home Heating and Cooling has a solution to your air quality problems. We can install home air cleaners, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, and other air filtration systems. Keep in mind that clean systems restore capacity and lessen running time, which translates into savings on your monthly energy bills. For improved indoor air quality, contact us today.